The digital hearing devices that DSN provide through Positive Hearing are supplied by STARKEY HEARING TECHNOLOGIES. Starkey are one of the world’s largest hearing aid manufacturers, are continue to introduce new innovations in audiology technology.
Starkey also run the Starkey Hearing Foundation, a charity who work with governments, NGOs and health leaders around the world to help make hearing healthcare services more accessible.
HEAR BETTER, LIVE BETTER
POSITIVE HEARING is a social enterprise business not for profit dedicated to providing quality expertise and technical assistance to people with a hearing loss and supporting DSN in Cheshire.
We have a fully equipped retail unit where you are more than welcome to try and test various devices that will make a difference to your hearing and your lifestyle. Solutions to transform your quality of life, helping you regain your hearing and independence
We have a fully registered clinical Audiologist who is able to provide hearing assessments in our new state of the art soundproof booth.
Our wide range of services includes free hearing assessments with qualified audiologist, micro suction and wax removal clinics, virtually invisible digital hearing aids, private hearing aid demonstrations fitting follow-ups and reprogramming, hearing protection including impressions of your ears for hearing aid moulds and protection, large range of amplified devices including telephones, loops and personal listeners, and tinnitus solutions.
ARE YOU TAKING CARE OF YOUR EARS?
- Do you have trouble hearing in noisy or busy places?
- Do you frequently have to ask people to repeat themselves?
- Do you turn up the volume on the TV, radio or phone?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, you should have your hearing assessed professionally.
Untreated hearing loss has been linked to many health-related issues. This is why it’s important to take an empowered, proactive approach to health during every stage of your life. Let it begin with your hearing health.
- People 75 years or older with a hearing loss experience a 30-40% faster decline in cognitive abilities compared to peers without hearing loss
- Adults with untreated hearing loss were more likely to report depression anxiety and paranoia than peers who wore hearing aids
- Health consequences associated with hearing loss include increased risk of dementia, falls, hospitalisation and diminished physical and mental health
- Hearing loss is the third most common physical condition after arthritis and hypertension
“I was struggling with the telephone and hearing aids for months. Positive Hearing came out on time and spent a great deal of time and effort to set up the new phones. Thank you”